Monday, July 20, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

As of the swine flu cases going on in the campus, we were told to go home for a week. I made that opportunity to go for a movie that I've been anticipating the most. I have been following the novels, and I've finished reading all of them. Well, it really is obvious, isn't it? From the title, you would know. Yes, it's Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.



I'm not going to tell you the storyline, as I'm assuming many of you have not watch the movie yet. I'm not going to spoil it. All I want to do for this post is just to compare the movie with the actual novel by J.K. Rowling.

In my opinion, the movie isn't really as exciting as the novel. This is because, for me, I like to imagine. Hence, when I read the novel, the environment of the story takes place on my mind. Many of the things I imagine, when reading it, turned out more spectacular than the movie is, which was quite a disappoinment for me. I thought they'd do better in making them come to life. Moreover, many of the parts in the novel are neglected in the movie, yet another disappointment.

I'm not actually pointing out every single negative aspect of the movie, it's just that, coming from a true fan of Harry Potter novels, what I experienced in watching it on the screen, isn't as happier as what I experienced in reading it and imagining by myself. If you guys are planning on watching it, go on, I'm not saying that you shouldn't watch it. By all means, go on! It's a nice movie. Maybe all of you would enjoy it.


But I still stand on my perspective, the novel is way better :D



-AMIR MUKHLIS BIN KUSHAIRI
-amirmukhlis1.blogspot.com
-myspace.com/amirmukhlis
-facebook.com/amirmukhlis1

8 comments:

  1. so, the best is.....
    watch it or read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not too fanatic for this.
    thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me better watch it and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for me better watch it and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really enjoy watch it than read..
    when i watch the movie i can see the real image of Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe...
    hahaha~

    ReplyDelete
  6. owh..
    i dont like watch this movie....
    polytheism....

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hate harry potter ..they use black magic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never read the book but i heared from my friends at selangor, they said reading is more exiting than watching it..Because we can create our own imagination.I think who like to watching the movie..that person doesnt have a good high imagination ..hehehe..actually i dislike Daniel..His acting is so horrible..

    ReplyDelete